Last updated: November 14, 2021
Textmill.io actually consists of two loosely connected parts.
One of these parts, the Textmill.io website, is a set of pages on the Internet that provide purely informational functionality to the user and also provide an opportunity to buy or renew a license that provides access to the service’s API.
The second part – the API service, does not interact with personal users directly, it is designed to work with files and data provided by the user’s software. As a rule, these are files.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
The API Service does not collect any personal data, since no piece of personal data is required to work with API. The only things you provide to us is:
- Files to convert (we don’t store them)
- The IP address of your device where your application is running
- Additional metadata that may (or may not) contain any personal or sensitive information (we don’t store that)
- A license key that is required to work with API service
Use of Your Data
The API service is a simple passthrough web service that converts given file data to the text and sends it to the requester. We don’t store your files or your metadata, nor the results of the conversion. The only things we store for internal usage (Statistical Data) is:
- The success code or error code of each conversion
- The file size of your file
- The amount of time taken to convert the file to the Text/JSON
- Your IP address
- Your license number and usage information for the given license
We may also store some other information that can not disclose your file’s content in case it is stolen etc.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose stored Statistical Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Statistical Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Statistical Data
The security of Your Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- By website form: https://textmill.io/contact-us/